GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

WEEVIL SP.

Just returned from a run in the midday heat - not good!
The chicks are STILL in the nest, still looking out occasionally and still being fed by Scargill and Anne (although less today, especially Anne, who buggers off far more regularly than before).

They may fledge today, but I really have to get some shut-eye now, as I'm dropping.
Maybe Anna will see the little ones leave when she gets home, or maybe they'll fledge early tomorrow morning, (often the way), we'll see...
I just hope they stick around for a bit, the little niblets. I'll post photos on "Blue-Grey" as soon as I get them developed!

Found this little critter climbing up the kitchen wall (insect motorway),after the run.

It has a long snout (ROSTRUM) and its "elbowed" antennae are half-way down its rostrum. This makes it a weevil - and bad news for the garden plants!
There are over 400 species of British Weevil. I couldn't tell you what this one is - and believe me, I've looked through a few species on the web.
Probably a common Weevil of some sort. It had better leave our veggies alone...

No comments: