GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Monday, May 14, 2007

BLUE TITS (45)

Its very cold today, wet and windy too. I'm popping outside occasionally, to check on Scargill and family, and to take some more photos with the proper camera. (I'll develop them later in the week).
In the last fifteen minutes I went outside to see Scargill engaged in another tit-anic struggle with the female House Sparrow. This time, she had the better of him, and was standing on a prostrate Scargill who was lying in the bottom of the feeder sieve, squawking and struggling.
Not only did his "uvvar arf" come to the rescue, so did I - and myself, the female Blue Tit and Scargill all chased away the female Sparrow!

I have also seen today, (like Anna, yesterday), BOTH Sparrows perch on our Tit Box chopstick perch - cheeky feckers....

The picture below shows our home-made sieve feeder, in all its glory. It was Anna's idea, the sieve... inspired!!! (Of course, the 'sign' on the feeder, was, er... all my idea).


This picture below shows the Scargills' favourite 'non-wild' food, the fat Waxworm caterpillar.
I've just come in from giving the family another tub, as it's so cold outside. (Though I did see Scargill find a hyyowwge wild green caterpillar earlier in the day). I rang our caterpillar supplier earlier... none left! I've reserved some for wednesday or thursday - I hope it gets a little warmer in the next day or so, so both parents have no trouble locating lots of wild green caterpillars for their growing nestlings!


I reckon there's just over a week to go now, before the little ones fledge. I may try to take a very quick photie of them in the box just before they do so...

No comments: