GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

FOREST BUG (NYMPH)


I predicted the insect life would go crazy in the garden as soon as the sun did eventually shine, after these 2 days of constant hard rain and wind, (incidentally, High Wycombe was the coldest place in Britain yesterday - it only reached the dizzy heights of 5c during the day, and its virtually June!).
We have had a lovely sunny morning here in Reading (back from our trip to Cardiff over the weekend), and I found one of these little chaps (above) in my 6 foot meadow.

This, (as far as I can make out), is a "Forest Bug (nymph)" - normally found in woodland, Oak woodland at that, where it feeds on Oak and other plants and small invertebrates, by sucking the juice out of them.
One can tell its a Forest Bug by its "yoke-like large shoulders" and the fact that its a nymph by its rough case and poorly formed wings, as far as I'm led to believe.
Not something you'd expect to find in a 6' bit of meadow in a tiny garden in Reading, but I'm pretty sure this is what it was, and it didn't hang around long...

No comments: