GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Sunday, May 13, 2007

BULLFINCH

Further to me posting about a pair of Bullfinches at Anna's parents' house, and my joy at seeing a pair of Golfinches finally make good use of our "thistle feeder"; at 05:30 this morning, a very "bullish" Bullfinch flew in and chased one of the Goldfinches off the feeder. (The other Goldfinch kept on feeding as if nothing had happened!).

I had only last night, suggested to Anna that Bullfinches very rarely visit garden feeders, as their diet consists mainly of small, budding fruit - not really seeds! How wrong was I?

Maybe this (male) Bullfinch was attracted to the feeder by the pair of Goldfinches, and wanted part of the action, even if it meant temporarily changing his diet, or maybe Bullfinches do actually like Ethiopian Thistle Seeds?

Anyway, I'm really pleased we've got a Bullfinch too. I may have time in the next few days to try and bag a photo of the two most brilliantly-plumaged finches (in my opinion anyway), in the UK, right here in our humble little garden!
Watch this space...

No comments: