GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

EUROPEAN BLACK SLUG (PALE/RED FORM)

This one is a byoody! About the length and girth of one of my index fingers, so not small at all!
Silly name for a pale slug with a fantastic bright orange 'skirt', but a European Black Slug it is, (in its pale or rufus form), which I found crawling towards our vegetable plot tonight.
I, after taking its mugshot, picked it up and threw it into the rec!

You can quite clearly see the Slug's "Pneumostome" in the second photo (above) - behind its head - a hole (2 in fact- one on either side) - this is the device the slug uses to breathe.

These slugs are often black in colour, hence their name, can reach 20cm in length, and thrive in Britain's moist, temperate climate, as do our other 40 or so (mainly smaller than this) slug species.

I intend to make my fortune from slugs. I can't tell you how, (or I'd have to kill you), but its safe to say, our resident slug population in our garden may well become the subjects of several experiments this summer...


NB. 01/06/07 - and in its slightly darker form, (not quite black...)

No comments: