GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Friday, May 04, 2007

SONG THRUSH

A nice photo now...! (as always, click on photo to enlarge).
I've been watching a beautiful Song Thrush visit our garden occasionally, and more often on the 'rec' during my runs.
They are nesting at the far side of the rec, just across the stream, on the heavily undergrowthed railway embankment.
I'm seeing a few more of these wonderful birds in Reading than I did in the parks of London.
I know they're on the decrease nationwide, so I always stop and take great pleasure from seeing Song Thrushes. You'll see this one is sat on our gate, with a bloody great worm in its gob. Shortly after this photo was taken, the Thrush shat down the gate, and flew to the trees at the far side of the rec (visible behind the gate in the photo) where its family awaited in its nest...


NB. FYI, I have taken this opportunity to download a few more photos that I've taken, in their respective slots.
So... please check out the:

Mallard Ducklings,
Oil Seed Rape,
Common Terns
and Red Kite posts again.

When I get a chance, I'll write a little about Oil Seed Rape on that post - quite a 'controversial' crop it would seem.

No comments: