GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BLUE TITS (53) BREAKING NEWS!!!

Got home from my night shift to find a couple of yellow-faced chicks looking tentatively out of the nest box opening!!!
ARE THEY GOING TO FLEDGE TODAY??!!!

I have spent the last hour and a half in the corner of the garden, and in that time just managed to take ONLY ONE photo (with the big SLR camera) of Scargill feeding the bravest chick, who had poked his beak out of the box. And that's all so far.

But BAD NEWS! If they are to fledge today, they couldn't have picked a worse day.
Scargill and Anne's favourite tree by far (in our next door neighbours' neighbour's garden) is today, of all days, being hacked.

The owner of this tree is a fat, ginger Irishman - he's obviously been about a bit, had a hard life and all that, and now is a shift worker on the railway line behind the house. I think he may be a bit of a (not so closet lush, and all)!
He has bought himself a bit of Far-Eastern wife (probably can't manage to get his own), who looks like your typical Phillipino or Thai woman - about 2' high in her heels.

SHE is hacking at this tree and its thick branches. IT will take her ALL BLEEDING DAY!
NOT the right person to carry out this tree surgery, and NOT the right day!

Anyway, I hope it doesn't put the parent Blue Tits and their chicks off fledging...

I will sit out in the garden today, as much as I can, with the camera, binoculars AND telescope to see what happens... (though I will have to go to schneeps sometime - I'm bleedin' knackered after last night)! This will probably be my last post re: OUR TITS now, until the little ones fledge.

Fingers crossed for today then. Wish them luck!

No comments: