GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Sunday, May 13, 2007

BLUE TITS (44)

It feels like it has rained here for a week now. In fact it has I think, but we were owed it, after a sunny, rain-free April.

We are literally throwing tubs of Waxworms and Mealworms at Scargill and his family - and the pair of House Sparrows who have been stealing from the sieve are getting bolder and bolder.
Anna saw the male Sparrow actually perch on the Tit Box chopstick when I was at work yesterday, and I witnessed an amazing struggle (on the ground!) between the Scargill and the female Sparrow at 6am this morning (as in the changed time and date of this post).

I was having a shower, just after putting some more Mealworms in the sieve. I heard an amazing harsh squawking noise - I actually thought the Jay was on the sieve - that's how loud Scargill was alarm-calling! I jumped out of the shower, looked out of the bathroom window and saw Scargill and the female Tit engaged in an epic stuggle under the sieve - the smaller Scargill locking his beak onto the feathers of the larger hen Sparrow. Not so much "Clash of the Titans" as "Clash of the Tits".
Scargill's efforts seemed not to be in vain though, as the Sparrows did keep away for a few minutes at least...
They'll be back though!

No comments: