GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Sunday, June 17, 2007

TOTTENHAM HALE (SEDGE WARBLER TO COME)

This will be my last post regarding our weekend trip to Tottenham for the time being.
We also managed to see Shelduck and Reed Warblers (which I didn't take a photo of), Sand Martins actually nesting in the girder pipes alongside the Navigation - flying only feet from us (I've never been that close before!), and a lovely little newly fledged Sedge Warbler - which I DID snap with the big camera - I'll pop the Sedge Warbler photo up when I develop the film.
This lovely little 'warbler of the sedges' is a very dull looking bird, witha white-ish stripe above its eye, and a bit of a scratchy call.

PHOTO TO FOLLOW WHEN I GET FILM DEVELOPED....

I remember standing on the south-west coast of the Black Isle on the Moray Firth about 20 years ago now, and having a young Purple Sandpiper fly in off the sea and quite literally walk over my feet. It had never seen a human before, so didn't have much to fear.
I happen to think our little Sedge Warbler fledgling was probably the same. Born in the reeds on a VERY quiet reservoir (hidden from virtually everyone), recently fledged - maybe a day - maybe an hour - and then suddenly there are two bloody great humans taking its photo! We must have only been 6'away from it at one point.
Lovely to see - a real treatI do hope my (only) 3 photos come out ok...
WATCH THIS SPACE.

No comments: