GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Saturday, June 16, 2007

TOTTENHAM HALE AND WALTHAMSTOW RESERVOIRS

I spent almost a year living right on the banks of the river Lee Navigation at Tottenham Hale, north London, with Anna, in her father's flat, looking east over the navigation, and over a vast expanse of Thames Water reservoirs, towards Walthamstow and exactly 6 miles away, the distinctive tower of 1, Canada Place (commonly known (ridiculously enough) as Canary Wharf, on which the tower stands of course).

You simply wouldn't know you were in London if it wasn't for that distant view of Canada Place, or to the south, just peeping over the horizon, the "Gherkin" buliding (which I love), and the old Natwest tower (which I detest - I think its Swiss Re now, though I could be wrong).


The part of the Lee Navigation (sometimes spelled Lea) which our flat overlooked was blessed with really fantastic wildlife - all visible from our sitting room! Kingfishers, Herons, Terns, Teal, Tufted Duck, Shoveler, Pochard, Dabchicks, Hobbies, Swifts and even 2 Terrapin were commonplace!


The next few posts are all posts from our return (for last weekend) to that Flat, a few views and some interesting wildlife we saw.


Its fair to say I miss London not one bit, especially the tube, which guess what, wasn't working during the weekend), but I REALLY miss that flat's view...
The view from the balcony. I call this view... "WATERGATE". (I'm sorry).
A wider view, looking east-south-east. Canada Place is 6 miles away, by the furthest pylon, in the far distance...
Apologies for the rather dull skies. I have taken some wonderful sunset piccies from the river at other times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going tomorrow, I need to see this
Thanks a lot