GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

LEAF CUTTER BEE

I've been doing some gardening this afternoon, as my shift at the EA finished at 3pm.

Took a tea break, sat down, and a small leaf hovered by me, in a very laboured way!

At first I thought I was going mad, then suddenly realised it must be a leaf that was being carried by a Leaf Cutter Bee. (Something I can't remember ever seeing before)!

As luck would have it, the little niblet didn't fly off to its nest with the neatly cut leaf - (these bees line their nests with bits of leaves) - it landed on our fence (for a breather?!), I rushed inside to get the phone camera - rushed back outside and snapped the furry little thing.

Really wonderful to see - I'll have to keep my eyes open and try to locate the nest...

No comments: