GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Friday, June 08, 2007

PICTURE-WINGED FLY

Ever seen one of these flies on your travels? I'm sure you will have. They are unmistakeable.These flies (loads of species so I won't narrow it down), ALL have bold black 'paint squiggles' on their wings. They aren't rare at all, but quite beautiful, in a weird sort of fly-way...


Anna and I went on a long, very relaxing walk a little way up the Thames yesterday evening - when we found this Picture-Winged Fly, (as in the changed time and date of this post). We didn't walk far - less than a mile I suppose, but we were just taking in a wonderful, warm, still, quiet evening and seeing what we could see.
I'll post twice more on this walk (changing the date and time of posts as normal) - once on the Egypytian Goose (Geese) we found, and once on the very tranquil view...

No comments: