GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

BULLFINCH (2)

Now for the truely awful photos - but I don't care... I had just returned from a record-breaking run at 05:45am this morning (as in the changed time of this post), was knackered, and I know our male Bullfinch is very fidgety!

On May 13th I posted that I'd seen a male Bullfinch visit our Ethiopian Thistle Feeder,
which somewhat surprised me.
Yesterday, I saw both male and female Bullfinches fly to Scargill's favourite tree (next door but one).
This morning, whilst I was recovering from my run, the male Bullfinch re-appeared on the feeder and stayed there for about 5 minutes - trying, succeeding, (though struggling, I'll admit) to grab some thistle seeds.
I had to move reeeaaaalllly slllowwlllyyyy inside (didn't want to spook him), and take some photos through the telescope in the dining room. Bear in mind I was sti
ll somewhat out of breath from my run.

So... here are the photos. Click on the first one (the long range view of our garden - the plants on the left are our masseev Maris Piper plants - 3' tall now - more on our veg in a later post), look over the plants, you'll see the feeder - that's the view I get without a
telescope. Click on it to zoom in a little.

The photos below are taken through the telescope (same problem as the Goldfinch photos, and even more so this morning, when I'm puffing and panting).
The Bullfinch was soon joined by an adult Goldfinch - and this photo with luck, will actually be the worst photo that ever creeps onto "Blue-Grey"! I just had to get a photo of them both - even if it was blurred!
The last photo is of one of our adult Golfinches, who stuck around a bit, after the Bullfinch buggered off...

NB. I WILL get a film in the camera soon, sit in the hide, and take some PROPER pictures of these wonderful Finch species. We are so lucky here, and it would be a shame to miss the opportunity!


NB(2) - and as I leave for my haircut, both Bullfinches (male AND female) sit on the Feeder...! Great!

No comments: