GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"FREE RANGE" COURGETTES

Before I go, just wanted to share this with you.
All our veggies seem to be doing very well in the garden at the moment. We have Maris Piper plants, Silverskin Onions, Carrots, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Mint, Rocket, a few Artichokes (Jerusalem of course) and 4 Courgette plants.
I don't intend to post much about our veg, or there's the danger that they'll turn into another 62 post Blue Tit saga, and lets face it - I planted the things - there's no great skill or patience needed to see them every day!


But... We DO have our first two courgettes growing at the moment. They always amuse me - incredibly phallic, especially with their yellow, helmet-shaped flower on the end, but thats not the point of this post.

This isn't the best photo in the world. But trust me, the sign in front of this courgette plant was given to us with the 4 courgette plants we bought. It reads "FREE RANGE" Courgettes.
You might not be able to make that out, trust me it does.

Now there I was, thinking that this is rather symptomatic of Britain's current "green / environmental / organic trip" at the moment, and all a bit silly really. "FREE RANGE" courgettes?! Eh??

How wrong could I be?
Imagine my surprise now, when I type away at the moment, upstairs in the spare bedroom, looking over the garden, I can see two of our "FREE RANGE" Courgette plants strutting around the garden, pecking at bits of dirt and clucking contentedly to themselves...
Aahh... thats nice.
(Ho hum).

No comments: