GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

AN END TO THE UNIDENTIFIED LARVAE...

Yes. I've posted more than my fair share of Harlequin Ladybird larvae photos on "Blue-Grey", but I wanted to introduce you to this particular villainous individual, for it is this larave that I am pretty sure has munched all of my unidentified larvae, that I saw hatch from eggs - HERE.




One day they were all eating their Clover leaf, the next, they were all gone - and this fat Harlequin Ladybird larva was the ONLY thing on their leaf (pictured above).
Smoking a tiny cigarette and putting its 6 feet up....

NB. 19/09/07 After much research I have come to the conclusion that the undentified eggs and larvae on this Clover leaf did in fact come from a moth. I cannot identify the species, but a type of NOCTUID moth looks likely - ie a Yellow, Copper or Red Underwing etc...

A real shame they died...

No comments: