GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MOBILE CAMERA VIDEOS NEW ON BLUE-GREY!

I have been mighty impressed with the videos over at "Urban Exension" (see links), and have been tentatively looking at purchasing a very cheap video camcorder, to try and take some wildlife videos of my own.

That said, this year is going to be MIGHTY expensive, what with our wedding in August, (and honeymoon in Sri Lanka with a little luck), not to mention my Sister's wedding in May...

Soooo... I thought I'd try and investigate my own (still) camera's video capability.
I'd like (eventually) to get some nice clips (no more than 60 seconds in duration - or they take forever to download) of some birds and mammal behaviour mainly.
Maybe some badgers in the spring, or a Roe deer or two, and some bird activity as and when I find it - a song thrush belting out its dawn chorus for example, or a Short-Eared Owl even!

I went for a little wander up the river this lunchtime, to test the camera out, on some subjects that didn't require much stealth.
Above are four very short clips taken with my stills camera on video mode.
None are much more than ten seconds long - like I say, it was just a test today.

When I get time to bugger of down to th New Forest again, (or North Devon also, maybe this year), or wander off one day, locally, to find me some Grizzly Bear (you never know!), I'll try and get together a few longer clips, post them on BG and pop them on the "Teebeearr" Youtube channel.

Watch this space!

But for now, the four clips above are as follows -

1) Our overwintering Tufted Duck, with none of his kind present, getting a little flustered by the flocks of Swans and Geese on the Thames.

2) Our resident (lonesome too) Barnacle Goose - probably an escape from a local wildfowl collection - but I've seen it fly - its just a bit institutionalised, thats all!

3) A Great Crested Grebe skulking around the undergrowth in the Caversham Lock mill stream. Bad news here I'm afraid, Grapple fans. This (I think) is the mate of the hen that was sitting on eggs a week or so ago. I think the eggs were swept away, (the nest is mishapen and deserted), and the female is missing.
Their is a SLIGHT possibility that the eggs had time to hatch, and the mother is carrying her young to safety on her back. I doubt it though, as the male wouldn't be on his own if that was the case. I'll keep seaching, and keep you posted.

4) A very vocal Song Thrush, singing his heart out above that same millstream. If you listen carefully, you may be able to make out another Song Thrush that he's singing and competing against.

NB.
I should warn you here that Blogger videos are very quiet. If you want to hear any of the sounds on these (and future) videos, then watch them in a quiet place.
(Just in case you hadn't realised, I had taken the classical music off BG a month or so ago...)

1 comment: