GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Monday, July 16, 2007

DAS WETTER

Whats this?

RAIN?!

I'm normally the first to 'defend' the British weather - our national obsession.

If you have spent any time actually working outside, you will know exactly what I mean when I say it rains in Britain far, far less than is commonly thought.

You might also know that rain in summer is statistically more forceful and often more prominent than at other times of the year. Don't believe me? Just google weather records for the past 20 years or so - when it rains in July, it really, really rains. (Summer storms etc...).

My present job means I'm tied to weather forecasts every day. I get satellite images and predictions beamed straight from the Met Office into my face every day, via one of our monitors in the office which is never switched off.


I've resisted giving this weather a post of its own until now. I can't anymore. This is just silly now.

I'm bored of this summer. There doesn't seem to be much point of looking at weather forecasts, because I know what the weather will be like today. Like it has been since the first week of May. Wet and windy.

I've certainly never known a summer like it, and I'd rather not again. I do love my summer, and I've missed it!

I'm still very much in my 'winter plumage', the vegetables have suffered (although on the upside, we haven't had to water them since May), even Carnoustie, the 'hardest golf course in the world', which hosts The Open Championship next week doesn't look like a scorched, brown links desert like it should do - it looks like a rich, lush, green fertile parkland course ths year. It baint natural I tells ya.

Well. Anna and I are off to Greece in a couple of weeks, for a couple of weeks, where I hear they're experiencing their hottest, driest summer for decades. I'll have to go easy on the sun though, as any tan I picked up in April this year has long since gone - all very strange!

I'll leave you with a couple of photos of our washing line and apologise for this rather depressing post!


As I upload this post, wait for it, I thinnnnkkk the sun is coming out...! Waddya know?!

No comments: