GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

QUEEN BUFF-TAILED BUMBLEBEE & MITES

I am seeing these big Queen Bumblebees everywhere at the moment - all looking for a suitable nest site.
Unfortunately, the individual I snapped on the garden fence this afternoon was carrying a few passengers...

Please click on the photo to be immediately transported to the New Warren, where you'll not only be able to see the full size photo, but also be able to read a little about these Bumblebee mites in my explanatory text (should you so wish...!)

2 comments:

Jane Adams said...

I think you're wrong. I think this is an amazing photograph. I would never have realised that bees had mites. This photo captures it amazingly. Sorry I must stop saying amazing.... Jane

The Black Rabbit said...

Thankd for your er... cough... AMAZING comment Jane!

Seriously though - I'm very pleased you like the photo - took quite a lot of doing - lying upside down against a fence which was shaking in the gales!