GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

BLUE TITS, BLUE-GREY AND FLICKR

Just a few points really...
It has been recently pointed out to me (by a good blogging pal of mine) that I seem to be using "Flickr" (The "New Warren" online photo album of mine) more than my blog at "Blue-Grey (use your eyes)".
This is absolutely right.

I use my "Flickr" (my New Warren) as it is SET UP to deal with large file size photographs - something I am very much getting into at the moment, and enjoying thoroughly - especially the macro or close-up shots I take.

I will be posting on "Blue-Grey" (my blog) regularly, and feel free (possibly) to use slighly er... fruitier language on my personal site (my blog)!

There will be some (many possibly) instances where I won't be able to get a decent photograph of what I'd like to post about, and therefore I will be posting about those times on my blog alone.

There will be times when I don't feel the post warrants any photo -again, "Blue-Grey" will (obviously) be the place I make that post, still.

Then are the videos I intend to keep taking with my stills camera - again - these cannot be uploaded to the New Warren (Flickr), so have a place in my blog (and on my "youtube channel") reserved especially for them.

Finally there's the nestbox.

I am afraid we are both (Anna and I) very pessimistic about the chances of our pair of Blue Tits nesting in our nestbox any time soon - if AT ALL this year.
As mentioned briefly a week or so ago, I was worried that the pair hadn't visited the box in some time after being SO interested in it, and visiting every day for some weeks.
I'm afraid (after briefly becoming optimistic after the "Long-tailed Tit incident") that I've seen no nestbox activity AT ALL since then, so can only assume they've really lost interest now.
Was it the rat? The woodpecker? The windows in the box? The wee camera? Us? The bloody awkward neighbours (but one)?
Who knows?
Lets just say, that I am WELL aware that Blue Tits can nest as early as the middle of march, and as late as May, so we have a few months to "re-attract" them to their rightful home...
Fingers and toes crossed please, everyone, and any activity we manage to get - I (of course) will post on "Blue-Grey".


As for "flickr" (the New warren)....
Many people post photographs on flickr with little or no text. I always like to add a bit, even if its where I photographed what I photographed, or a little information about the shot or subject of the shot.
For my benefit, if no-one elses!

Feel free to peruse both "Blue-Grey" and "The New Warren" should you wish, and comment on either, if that takes your fancy.

But please be under no illusion - "Blue-Grey" is not going anywhere, or being taken over by my online photo-album.


Hey thangyew.

3 comments:

Jane Adams said...

That's sorted then! I will carry on reading your blog via Google Reader and look at your Flickr album when I feel the "urge". Thanks for clarifying. Wish I was as organised as you!

Really sorry to hear about the blue tits. Hard to know what put them off... I'm still not sure that the foxes will have their birthing den under our shed this year (especially has I've just mown the lawn right next to the entrance and even scared myself with the noise) but wildlife does strange things and they might surprise you! Jane

The Black Rabbit said...

Thanks Jane!
We really hope they reaquaint themselves soon - or I'll have to use Shirl as my Blue Tit fix this year!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!