GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Monday, April 02, 2007

THE HAWK CONSERVANCY







The day before yesterday (as in the changed date and time of this post), Anna and I took a trip down to "The Hawk Conservancy (Trust)" at Weyhill, near Andover. This was Anna's first visit to this marvellous place, and I hadn't been back since I was a teenager. I remember then a big Tawny Eagle called Frodo, and some marvellous falconry displays, but that was about it.

We had a wonderful day, the weather was incredible, (in fact Hampshire was the hottest county of the UK that day at 20c!), Frodo was STILL there and we'll certainly be back!
The photos above are a selection I took during the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the Battleur Eagle "Kate" still there?

The Black Rabbit said...

Ha! I'd forgotten about that!
No - 'fraid not.
But if you do go back, DO NOT miss the Woodland Owls display at tea-time, and especially a Great Gray Owl called "Molly".
I'll say no more...!