GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

BLUE TITS (18)

I'm a little concerned. I've been working in the garden all day after my night shift, digging over the empty (at the moment) vegetable plot, and have watched the male Blue Tit come regularly to the box, but no sign of the female.
I did assume (see earlier post) she was spending time in the box (or fattening herself up for laying eggs), and I hope the latter is the case, because she certainly isn't in the box!

The male appears quite agitated, as if he doesn't know where she is. He'll perch on the chopstick and quietly warble, sometimes just looking into the nestbox opening to make sure she isn't there. I know Blue Tits aren't big on emotions, but he does look disturbed, almost upset or confused.

I know the female roosted in the box at 19:45 last night, so I'm going to keep a vigil on the box between 19:00 and 20:00 to make sure she returns to the box for the night...
Fingers crossed...

No comments: