GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Monday, April 09, 2007

BLUE TITS (15)

Its good to be back and making sure our Tits are ok!
The male seems to be hanging around the box as usual, but I've only seen the female once today - leaving the box.
She has not been building the nest at all - in fact I haven't seen her more than that one time.
Am I to assume she's finished lining the nest and is now beginning to lay, or fattening herself up for laying? Very possibly, although I wouldn't expect her to start laying for a fortnight.
She should delay laying until there are enough caterpillars on the trees to feed all her young!
Maybe this warm, sunny weather has moved the caterpillars' life cycle forward a week or two, and therefore her "laying dates"?!

NB. I have been reading on various websites, that VERY OFTEN Tits will use a nest box, build a nest but NOT lay any eggs there. I do hope that doesn't happen with us, but am now aware that this behaviour is common.

With the sunlight hitting the box for longer and longer periods of time as summer approaches, I hope to take very well-lit photos of the Tits soon. (All the photos so far have been in shadow, which makes focusing/contrast/colour a little poor). This should improve my photos... watch this space!

No comments: