GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Sunday, April 01, 2007

BLUE TITS (10)

I have terrible news for those of you following the exploits of our two little Blue Tits.

This morning I went outside to see what they were up to, and found the body of a dead Blue Tit, decapitated and with its breast muscles missing, on our back door mat.
Not only that, there is nesting material hanging out of the nest box opening, and in a mess on the floor, under the box.

This has left me and Anna very upset, and a wee bit confused...

The missing breast muscles of the dead Tit would lead me to believe our Hawk took the Tit, early this morning. Hawks ambush their prey and very often just eat the chest muscles, leaving the rest.
However, the missing head looks more like the work of a spostle?!

My guess is our female Hawk DID take one of the Tits, ate what it wanted, and a cat found the corspse and did the rest of the damage.

As for the mess the nest box is in, I can only hypothesise that the other Tit did this out of sheer confusion and melancholy?!

I don't even know whether the dead bird is the fatter male or the thinner female, as its chest and distinct head are missing!

We are very sad indeed but this looks like the end of our little Blue Tit story, as I haven't seen hide nor hair of the other Tit this morning. I haven't even heard the little niblet!


Very sorry, I'm afraid that's all for now.

RIP.



















[ Even more sorry.... It IS April 1st after all! Both our Blue Tits are alive and well - there was no corpse, and the nest box looks very dandy thangyew very much! APRIL FOOL!!!! Sorreeey!]

No comments: