GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

BLUE TITS (17)

It's all go at work tonight.... (cough, cough).
I've been looking through quite a few British nestbox sites on the web (Blue Tits of course) and comparing them to ours.
It seems to me that at least one Tit (sometimes two), roosts in most boxes shortly after 7pm, so our female is not so early to bed!
We are somewhat relieved also that she doesn't seem to mind the noise from the kitchen whilst we prepare our evening meal. The box is hung on the exterior of the (single-skin) kitchen wall, not 3' from the constantly open kitchen window.
It appears she'll leave the box any time between 6 and 8am - this seems normal too.

Our Tits, I think, are the champion nest-builders of all the Tits I've seen on the web. Some of the other Tits only started building their nest a day or so ago - 10/10 to our pair!
It would also appear that as yet, no Tits have laid any eggs, though their are some females who are sitting on the nest more and more and being supplied food by the male from time to time. I think our pair are up to this sort of behaviour at the moment, which might go to explain why I'm seeing the female less at the moment.

So. We're on track.
Eggs could (should?) be laid in as little as a week and as late as the first week in June, but as our Tits are quite precocious it would still seem, I'm still expecting the first eggs before May, though without a nest-cam, it'll all be guesswork!


I'll try and link other nest-cam websites to "BLUE-GREY" when I get a chance from the lap-top at home in a day or so, so you can see (with ease) just exactly what is happening in our box and other boxes all up and down the country...

No comments: