GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Sunday, April 22, 2007

BLUE TITS (27)

Yes. I swear to the great Blue Tit in the sky, that our female is laying, incubating, or conserving energy for laying, now. Whatever the scenario, I'm sure we will have chicks before too long! I just WISH I could see inside the box!

I was up early today (quelle surprise, (poor Anna)), and the female Tit is doing what she did yesterday still, ie sitting on the nest, calling the male to bring her food.
FEED ME NOWWW!
I've been watching the male bring her regular insects for half an hour or so now... every 2 or 3 minutes he returns with something for her. It almost suggests she's incubating, though that would seem a week or three early...

I'll try and get some photos of the male bringing in food, (as the box gets more sunlight these days - should lead to brighter, sharper photos, and I have to finish off my 'BlueBell film by Tuesday and get them developed). I will have to have a lightning trigger-finger though - the male doesn't hang around at the box at the moment!

NB. I've been thinking about this a little today. The Tits' behaviour (ie female siiting in box for long periods of time, male bringing her food), DOES suggest she IS incubating, ie ALL the eggs have been laid. If this is the case, they will be due to hatch around 4TH MAY, and fledge around 23RD MAY.