GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Friday, February 29, 2008

(BLACK) CHERRY PLUM BLOSSOM



I rather think I might have already talked briefly about this early blossomer - Prunus cerasifera 'Nigra', the Black Cherry Plum.

It does blossom ridiculously early in the year, with many thousands of delicate pink/white flowers that are often mistaken for Blackthorn.

I did see a bush of Cherry Plum flower almost a month ago now (or at least a few branches of it were flowering, anyhoo), but now all the local trees are exploding in this pink-white colour.

Although the species is a little, how can I put it.... er.... cultivated? Urban? I still think its very nice to see. It'll do me, anyway, Tommy.

Click either image to enlarge (both are now also in the "New Warren" even larger still).

No comments: