GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Monday, February 11, 2008

TWO GREBES 'A COURTIN'

On my ramble up the river this morning, (for any interested parties, I was just "saaaf of ver rivarrh" (sorry, "in joke")), I did manage to record on video a Great Crested Grebe calling his mate (very rarely heard outside the breeding season), and then the very nice sight of is mate responding, and the two Grebes participating in their famous courtship dance - waving their heads at each other etc...
I didn't manage to video them giving each other presents of weed (thats the next stage) or actual copulation (the final stage), but I'm really happy to have caught a bit of their famous dance on video.
I've uploaded both videos to my youtube channel - visible at the bottom of "Blue-Grey", or by clicking "My youtube channel" on the links section.

They are labelled "Podiceps cristatus" (the latin name for a Great Crested Grebe), which (as I've mentioned before), literally means "Crested Anus-foot".

I hope you enjoy watching them...

No comments: