GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

FIRST BAT

After being tipped off by Urban Extension about the emerging bats recently, its taken me a while to see one...
There were two Pipistrelles hunting around the office all last summer (must have been a bad year for the insectivores I reckon), and tonight, a few minutes ago, I noticed one in exactly the same place.

There are a few hunting over the Thames outside the office, but I won't be able to see tham until I am rostered in on a morning or night shift.

I hope to grab an 8 second exposure of this office bat - something I've not tried before, and it may well not work, but I'll give it a go when I bring my camera down to work next, and we get a clear evening....

2 comments:

Jane Adams said...

Good idea (8 second exposure). Look forward to seeing what you get, or you might need high power flash and fast exposure (to catch in sharp focus). Either way... difficult shot! Jane

Anonymous said...

ooh my word, it's a common pipistrelle!
Pip x