GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SAND MARTINS

Sitting at my desk today, on the 5th floor of the Environment Agency building at Caversham lock, gazing into the very blue sky, I saw two Sand Martins fly over the office, heading due north.
At first I thought they were swallows, and texted people to say that, but on careful consideration I'm sure they were Sand Martins.
They were flying pretty purposefully, about 100' height, northwards, across the Thames, and about 500m away from the office did they show typical Martin flight behaviour. By then though, they were dots in the sky! It wasn't the best view of these birds in the world, but never mind - I'm just glad to have seen them!
I know both Swallows and Sand Martins are already in the UK for the summer (we'll have to wait for the Swifts), and I've logged this sighting on the Berkshire
Birds Website.
Summer is nearly here! (Aren't the light evenings welcome...)!

No comments: