GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Sunday, March 11, 2007

JAY

[photo (c) Fraser Hilton Bird Photography]

I'm lucky enough to see a Jay every day from my garden. This morning was no exception, so I thought I'd give my Jay an entry on "Blue-Grey"...
Jays are fantastic-looking members of the Crow family, with a pink body, a mottled-white cap, a great black "moustache", a snow white rump, and I think, the most beautiful feathers of ALL British birds on their wings - electric blue and jet black barred feathers, (the primary wing coverts).
For such a beautiful bird, they don't half make a bloody awful racket!
I always feel very lucky indeed to find one of the Jay's blue wing feathers on a walk. I've only found two in my entire life - one of which I have deliberately left in our old flat in Tottenham. (I found the feather in that estate).

I cheated once, and bought a whole Jay's wing from a Game Fair at Blenheim Palace. (Fly-tyers use it to make lures for fishing). I did once have an old hat which I used to don on my walks, with a few Jay feathers in it, from that Game Fair. Very... er.... dandy?!
I do feel fortunate to see a Jay every day though, and hope I find another feather soon...

No comments: