GIF animations generator gifup.com

MY FAVOURITE CARTOON AS A BOY..

Friday, February 23, 2007

SKEIN OF MIGRATING GEESE


I was sitting in the garden today, when I noticed a skein of Geese flying at some height (I would guess at approximately 5000 foot or a mile high) in classic 'V' formation. I'm assuming these were migratory geese, flying back to their breeding grounds, as they were that high, and flying in a due east direction. (ie coming from back from Nova Scotia or Geenland etc...). Unfortunately, because they were that high, and no more than (very difficult to see) dots in the sky, I couldn't identify their species, but I might be bold enough to suggest Brent Geese or White-Fronted Geese, something 'interesting'! Nice to see though, and a sign that spring is arriving fast...!

No comments: